silk beddings care
Many of our customers have asked us on how to wash their silk pillowcase and silk sheets. Here we are going to give you a run down on how to take care of your silk beddings. In general, any silk fabric is machine washable, especially if they are made with high quality heavy silk. Silk is a natural fabric and with proper care, it can last a long time.
Let's start with how to wash your silk pillowcase
I often hand wash my silk pillowcase because it is small and easy to dry. Using gentle silk friendly detergent such as Le Blanc Silk and Lingerie Wash or Woolite will help remove residue and stain. But if you don't have any silk friendly detergents, you can also use your hair shampoo. The reason you can use your hair shampoo is because silk is a natural fiber with natural protein and amino acids, similar to our hair. Do not twist the fabric and let it drip dry. It will dry quickly because it is a very breathable fabric.
You can also put it in washing machine on delicate cycle and then tumble dry on low. Because silk is so smooth, dirt and residue do not stay on the fabric as well as it does on cotton. However, dry cleaning is the best way to wash your pillowcase because it will leave your silk pillowcase looking new and wrinkle free each time.
Now let's see how to take care of your silk sheets.
We recommend washing your sheets in a cool water setting on the most gentle cycle. We also recommend using silk-friendly detergents. It is also best to wash it separately from other items. For the drying cycle, use the lowest heat setting and for the shortest duration possible. Silk is extremely breathable so if you remove it from the dryer while there is still some dampness, it will dry quickly. This will avoid over drying. Again, for best result, dry cleaning is still the way to go.
How about your duvet cover.
Although you can machine wash duvet cover the same way you wash your silk sheets, we do recommend dry cleaning for duvet covers. Mainly because duvet covers are often used as an aesthetic piece.
Here are some additional tips for your silk beddings
1. Try to wash your silk bedding inside out when possible.
2. Iron on the backside of the silk to regenerate any lost shine.
3. Use blood vinegar for better result in spot cleaning and also helps maintain shineness
4. If there's a blood stain, rinse with cold water. Do not use hot water
5. Don't let your silk bedding soak for too long.
6. To remove any wrinkles, instead of ironing, you can also use a steamer. It will remove wrinkles like a pro. Keep about 6 inch distance from the fabric and use it on the lowest setting and keep it moving.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?